… is now available on Substack. Read about my new guitar, the latest OpenCV Weekly Webinar guests, what video games I’m streaming, and a reminder that Divergent League Baseball 1999 is coming soon!
Tag: divergent league
So what if real baseball is back, let’s get weird again!
I’ve found things are easier when I post these periodic reminders of where I am doing stuff online these days, and how people can get at me or support me or both. Not many changes from our previous edition in December 2020. Bold items are new. As of right now you can find me at the following online haunts:
- I am @philnelson on Twitter
- I co-host OpenCV’s Weekly webinar with Satya Mallick, Thursdays at 9am PDT
- My Patreon, where you can support me directly each month and get exclusive content and early access to stuff
- My newsletter on Substack is where you can subscribe for free (or $5/mo) and support me while getting a little more personal view on things than I post elsewhere, sent out every Thursday.
- My Twitch where I sometimes stream video games, and we do RetroStrange Movie Night on every other Saturday night
- Discord: I’m philnelson#1094, and we have our own Extra Future server
- My Thingiverse account, where I post my 3D printable models
- Extra Future, this place here, my blog since 2008 or so, where I announce and release things
- My Itch account, where all of my (pay if you can / free) video games are hosted including the recently-released Chipping Challenge plus old experiments like Duck Jumper, Rassler, and Haunted Floating Eye
- The RetroStrange YouTube where I upload the intros to every Movie Night and some additional content
- My LinkedIn where I mostly follow and post about computer vision / artificial intelligence projects.
- RetroStrange Movie Night, a curated public domain movie night that runs every two weeks. There’s a Facebook group, too.
- RetroStrange TV, a 24/7 streaming public domain TV channel that shows old Movie Night movies and shorts curated by me and Noah Maher.
- LOFI SCIFI on RetroStrange, the 24 hour streaming old time radio science fiction channel
- Divergent League Baseball, my simulated fantasy baseball league – the new season is starting soon.
Phil’s Newsletter 2/12/21
This week’s newsletter is a little more laid back and less anxiety-riddled. I talked a bit about guitar pedals, RetroStrange Movie Night, and this Divergent League Baseball season. You can read it all and subscribe for free on Substack.
Two of the things I’ve wanted to do since day one with Divergent League are coming true this season: Season Tickets (coming soon) and Divergent League Update, our weekly podcast. It’ll have stats, standings, and occasional talk about how our season is different than “real life.”
This first update is a short one, at just 2 minutes. In the future you can expect to find interviews with league owners, polls, and more. As always, thanks to the owners and my Patrons for supporting Divergent League. You can too!
You can get the feed in your preferred podcatcher, as I’ve submitted it to Apple, Google, Stitcher, and Spotify.
Divergent League Baseball Signup Sheet
You can now sign up for the Divergent League newsletter (and be invited to play in the next Season) by filling out our new form.
Congratulations to the Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago White Sox, who have defeated the Pirates and Yankees respectively, to advance to the World Series in this, the strangest Divergent League season yet.
That means the World Series starts Tuesday, October 6th, and 4:30pm. Join us live for every game on https://divergentleague.com/tv
I haven’t talked about much about Divergent League (What is Divergent League?), the atemporal fantasy sports thing I run, here. My Patreon is usually kept up to date, but let’s get some cross-posting going on. Marketing 101.
The 1977 postseason has begun, and the White Sox, Yankees, Reds, and Pirates are vying for the coveted Bip Roberts Memorial Cup Even Though He’s Still Alive. We’re streaming games live every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday at 3:30pm PDT on Twitch. Join us!