I’ve found things are easier when I post these periodic reminders of where I am doing stuff online these days, and how people can get at me or support me or both. A few changes from our previous edition in April 2021. Bold items are new. You can find a constantly updated version of of this on my About page. As of right now you can find me at the following online haunts:
- I am @philnelson on Twitter
- I am @extrafuture on TikTok where I post my weirdo synth music under the name The Monster Association
- My Patreon, where you can support me directly each month and get exclusive content and early access to stuff
- My newsletter on Substack is where you can subscribe for free (or $5/mo) and support me while getting a little more personal view on things than I post elsewhere, sent out every Thursday.
- My Twitch where I sometimes stream video games, and we do RetroStrange Movie Night on every other Saturday night
- Discord: I’m philnelson#1094, and we have our own Extra Future server
- My Thingiverse account, where I post my 3D printable models
- Extra Future, this place here, my blog since 2008 or so, where I announce and release things
- The RetroStrange YouTube where I upload the intros to every Movie Night and some additional content
- My LinkedIn where I mostly follow and post about computer vision / artificial intelligence projects.
- I co-host OpenCV’s Weekly webinar with Satya Mallick, live on Thursdays at 9am Pacific time. We just aired our 22nd episode.
- RetroStrange Movie Night, a curated public domain movie night which now broadcasts live from the Niles Outdoor Dining Experience in downtown Niles, MI. There’s a Facebook group for event notifications and chit-chat.
- RetroStrange TV, a 24/7 streaming public domain TV channel that shows old Movie Night movies and shorts curated by me and Noah Maher.
- LOFI SCIFI on RetroStrange, the 24 hour streaming old time radio science fiction channel
- Divergent League Baseball, my simulated fantasy baseball league – the new season is starting soon.
- My Itch account, where all of my (pay if you can / free) video games are hosted including the recently-released Chipping Challenge plus old experiments like Duck Jumper, Rassler, and Haunted Floating Eye. Game dev has stopped for awhile.