Be Social with Phil on Twitter, Twitch, LinkedIn.
Subscribe on Patreon or Substack to support me directly.
Extra Future is the work of Phil Nelson, a copy writer, designer, video producer and programmer from Michigan who now lives Out West. He has been writing and coding on the internet for as long as he can remember.
You may remember him from founding GameWikis.org (acquired by Wikia), launching Structure Sensor, Bridge Headset, and Structure Sensor Mark II with Occipital, running the $1.3 million dollar OpenCV AI Kit Kickstarter campaign, hosting RetroStrange Movie Night or being Commissioner of Divergent League Baseball. He collects vintage video game stuff.
How It’s Made
In the development and maintenance of Extra Future and his other projects, Phil uses the following software extensively:
- Nova for editing HTML, CSS, and JS
- Final Cut Pro for video editing
- Logic Pro for audio production
- Audacity for quick audio production or recording
- Audio Hijack for recording random inputs
- Sketch for creating vector and bitmap graphics
- Soulver for doing math of any kind
- iTerm for a slick hotkey-enabled terminal window anywhere on macOS
Phil is currently available for work. If you’d like to contact him, you can do so on the Contact page.